MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) - If you are a federal worker affected by the government shutdown, we have the information on where you can find local deals and freebies in the area.
- Mid-South Food Bank - MSFB is prepared to assist local federal employees at any of their food pantries.
- Pink Palace Family Musuem - Pink Palace is offering free admission throughout the month of January.
- Tanger Outlets - Through their TangerCARES program, Tanger is offering free $20 gift cards to federal employees.
- Lenny’s - Carlos Morehead, owner of Lenny’s at 22 N. Front St., is offering a 30-percent discount to all federal employees for as long as the government shutdown lasts.
- TopCashback - TopCashback is offering furloughed workers and their families $20 toward a purchase at Dollar Tree, get the offer now.
- Stax Museum - The Stax Museum of American Soul Music is offering free admission during the duration of the shutdown.
- Crosstown Arts - Crosstown Arts is offering 50 percent off food in the cafe and 50 percent off membership fees for Shared Art Making with government I.D.
- Farm Burger - As part of “Furlough Fridays,” federal government employees will receive a free chicken burger, fries and an iced tea every Friday until the government shutdown ends.
- Reaves Law Firm (4466 Elvis Presley Blvd. Suite 310) is giving a furloughed government employees and their families meal vouchers for a free meal at Egg King (4458 Elvis Presley Blvd.) Present your furloughed documentation at the law firm Monday through Friday 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Vouchers can be used Monday through Friday between 12:30 and 2 p.m. until the end of the shutdown.
Note: Furloughed workers will be asked to identify themselves as federal employees.