Church fire deemed accidental; caused by electrical wiring malfunction

Church fire deemed accidental; caused by electrical wiring malfunction

MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) - Memphis fire officials say the cause of a massive church fire at 729 Gilleas Road was accidental.

Crews responded to the fire at Shekinah Glory Ministry Friday night around 10 p.m.

They had the flames under control within 35 minutes.

According to MFD, the church did not have a sprinkler system and electrical wiring had malfunctioned in the restroom area.

Total damage is estimated at over 100,000 dollars.

There were no injuries.

Copyright 2019 WMC. All rights reserved.