MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) -Another strong low pressure will make it’s way to the Mid-South Wednesday night. It will bring the threat of heavy rain and strong thunderstorms beginning in the very early morning hours on Thursday. The Storm Prediction Center has placed a SLIGHT Risk of severe storms over the entire Mid-South.
- Scattered showers with some embedded thunderstorms will move through the area beginning around 1 a.m. early Thursday morning.
- Heavy rain and storms will move in from the west from 3 a.m. to 6 p.m. These storms will have the potential to reach severe limits.
- Heavy rain that could produce flash flooding will be a concern. Current data shows rainfall amount of 1.5 to 3 inches possible with this system.
- Damaging wind-sustained winds of 15 to 25 MPH will accompany this system with gusts of 40 to 50+ possible which could lead to widespread power outages.
- Large hail & a brief tornado are not big threats but can’t be ruled out
Stay weather aware Wednesday night through Thursday afternoon. Have a way to receive weather watches and warnings. If you have a weather radio make sure it is turned ON. Have the WMC Action News 5 First Alert Weather app on your smart phone or iPad. Stay tuned to WMC Action News 5 and the First Alert Weather Team for further updates...