OFFICIAL PROMOTION RULES
Action News 5 – Foo Fighters Facebook Contest
1. Promotion Description. This promotion is sponsored by WMC-TV 5, 1960 Union Avenue, Memphis, TN 38104 ("Sponsor(s)"). The promotion begins at 3:00pm Friday, March 18, 2011 and ends at Noon Friday, April 8, 2011. Promotion is void where prohibited. By entering, each entrant accepts and agrees to be bound by these promotion rules.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook. You are providing your information to ACTION NEWS 5 and not to Facebook. The information you provide will only be used for contacting winners and for directional demographic research. There's no purchase necessary to win.
2. Eligibility. No purchase necessary to enter or win. This promotion is open only to legal U.S. residents of the following counties: In Tennessee: Shelby, Tipton, Fayette, Hardeman, McNairy, Hardin, Haywood, Madison, Chester, Henderson, Decatur, Lauderdale, Crockett, Haywood, Gibson, Dyer, Lake, Obion, Weakley, Henry, Carroll, and Benton.
In Mississippi: De Soto, Marshall, Benton, Tippah, Alcorn, Tishomingo, Tunica, Tate, Union, Prentiss, Coahoma, Quitman, Panola, Lafayette, Union, Prentiss, Pontotoc, Lee, Itawamba, Bolivar, Sunflower, Tallahatchie, Leflore, Carroll, Grenada, Calhoun, Webster, Chickasaw, Clay, and Monroe.
In Arkansas: Desha, Arkansas, Phillips, Monroe, Prairie, Lee, St. Francis, Cross, Crittenden, Poinsett, Mississippi, Craighead, Greene, Clay, Randolph, Lawrence, Jackson, Independence, Jackson, and Woodruff.
In Missouri: Dunklin, Pemiscot, and New Madrid
All winners must be 18 years of age, except as follows: Mississippi, age 21; Tennessee, age 18, or, if still in high school at 18, upon graduation or reaching age 19 (whichever is sooner). Employees and immediate family members of employees of Raycom Media, Inc., WMC Holdings their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and their advertising and production agencies are not eligible to participate in this promotion. Only one entry per household will be accepted, and multiple entries will be disqualified. Winners cannot have won any contest on WMC-TV 5 or wmctv.com in the last 30 days.
3. How to Enter. There is one way to enter this promotion. Beginning at 12:00pm Friday, April 1, 2011 and ending at 11:45 a.m. Friday, April 8, 2011, individuals can log on www.facebook.com/actionnews5 and hit the "Like" button. All viewers entering under the "Click to Win" tab are automatically entered into a random drawing for a pair of tickets to see the Foo Fighters in concert Friday May 20, 2011.
All entries must be received by Noon Friday, April 8, 2011 and become the property of Sponsor(s), and Sponsor(s) reserves the right to use any information submitted by entrants.
No mechanically reproduced, software-generated or other automated multiple entries are permitted. Sponsor are not responsible for lost, late, illegible, misdirected or mutilated entries, including due to transmission, technical, and/or network failures of any kind, including, without limitation, malfunctioning of any hardware or software (whether originating with sender or Sponsor(s)), telephonic failures, human error, or any other error or malfunction.
4. Entrants agree not to upload, post or transmit any materials which contain any computer viruses, Easter eggs, worms, Trojan Horses or other harmful component or programming routines that are intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information. Any attempt to deliberately damage any web site or undermine the operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to seek damages from any person who makes such attempt(s). Entry materials that have been tampered with or altered are void. Any questions regarding the number of entries submitted by an individual or the authorized account holder of an e-mail address shall be determined by Sponsor(s) in its/their sole discretion, and Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right to disqualify any entries by persons determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of the promotion.
5. Prize(s). There are 5 prizes consisting of a two tickets to the concert with a combined value of $100. No prize may be exchanged for cash, transferred, or assigned. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize, in which case a prize of equal or greater value will be awarded.
6. How the Prizes are Awarded. Individuals can log on www.facebook.com/actionnews5 and click in the "Click to Win" tab and enter all information including name, address and email address. One winner will be chosen via a drawing daily during the contest dates. Winners will be contacted via the information entered and not via Facebook. Winner can pick up prize at WMC-TV 5 studios located at 1960 Union Avenue, Memphis, TN 38105 weekdays 9am-5pm.
7. Odds of Winning. The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
8. Conditions of Acceptance of Prize. Driver's license with current address or other appropriate picture identification is required to claim a prize. A winner must take possession of prize before 5pm on Friday, April 29, 2011 or the prize will be forfeited.
Winner(s) will be solely responsible for any and all local, state, and federal taxes, as well as license and registration fees incurred by participating in the promotion, including, but not limited to, transportation costs, gratuities and other items of an incidental nature. WMC-TV 5 will report any individual winnings over $600 (in cash or fair market value of goods or services) in a one year period to the Internal Revenue Service. Winner(s) will receive a Form 1099 from WMC-TV 5 if WMC-TV 5 reports any winnings to the Internal Revenue Service. Prize(s) may not be exchanged for cash or any other consideration.
Each winner agrees to the use of his or her name and likeness in publicity without any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering this promotion, each winner acknowledges that WMC-TV 5, and all other sponsors and venues, have the right to publicize and broadcast each winner's name, voice, and likeness, the fact that he or she won, and all matters incidental thereto.
9. Limitation on Liability. By entering this promotion, each entrant forever discharges and releases Sponsor(s), its/their parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, and their respective directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with the promotion, including, without limitation, responsibility for property damage, loss of life, or personal injury resulting from or in connection with participating in the promotion or from or in connection with use or receipt of the prize(s), however caused. By entering you completely release Facebook from any and all responsibility.
10. Sponsor's Reservation of Rights. These official rules are subject to modification by WMC-TV 5. In the event of a dispute, all decisions made by WMC-TV 5 are final and binding. Sponsor(s) reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to disqualify any person who tampers with the entry process or the operation of Sponsor's/Sponsors' web site(s), or who otherwise acts in violation of these official rules. Sponsor(s) further reserve(s) the right, in its/their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, or modify this promotion if, for any reason, the promotion is not capable of completion as planned (including, but not limited to, for the following reasons: infection by computer virus, technical corruption, force majeure, or non-authorized human intervention that compromises or affects the administration, fairness, integrity, security, or proper conduct of the promotion).
11. List of Winners. For a list of winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to WMC-TV 5 – 1960 Union Avenue, Memphis, TN 38104 between.