Two children injured in Tuesday morning house fire - WMC Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

Two children injured in Tuesday morning house fire

By Nick Kenney - bio | email

MEMPHIS, TN (WMC-TV) - Two children were injured in a house fire early Tuesday morning.

Officials said the fire broke out around 2:00 a.m. Tuesday inside a home on Bogart Street in Whitehaven.

According to investigators, when firefighters arrived, the found flames in an upstairs bedroom and bathroom.

A 13-year-old boy was rushed to the hospital with first and second degree burns to his upper body. Meanwhile, 12-year-old girl was taken to a local hospital in critical condition, suffering from second and third degree burns.

The names of the victims have not been released.

Officials said it was likely the fire was started after fumes from rubbing alcohol were ignited by burning incense.

Investigators have not said how many people were in the home when the fire broke out.

Copyright 2010 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly