Puppy helps owner to safety - WMC Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

Puppy helps owner to safety

MEMPHIS, TN (WMC-TV) - An alert puppy helped to save her owner's life.

Fire crews were called to the twelve-hundred block of Court Avenue just after midnight Tuesday morning.

When they arrived, fire was coming from a bedroom window. 

Firefighters say that a seven month-old puppy was able to wake her owner before smoke detectors inside the apartment went off and help get the owner out of the burning home.

Both the puppy and owner were safely out of the apartment before fire crews arrived.

Officials determined that an unattended cigarette started the fire.

The Red Cross is assisting the displaced resident.

Powered by Frankly