Jury selection plods along in TV anchor's slaying - WMC Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

Jury selection plods along in TV anchor's slaying

Curtis Vance Curtis Vance
Anne Pressly Anne Pressly

LITTLE ROCK (AP) - Jury selection has been slow in the trial of a man accused in the bludgeoning death of TV anchorwoman Anne Pressly.

Attorneys and Circuit Judge Chris Piazza spent the first half of Tuesday questioning a batch of jurors, all of whom were excused. Two were let go because they opposed the death penalty. Eight jurors had been picked Monday.

Meanwhile, prospective juror who told the judge that she knew nothing about the beating death of television anchorwoman Anne Pressly returned to court Tuesday with a refreshed memory.

The woman was among 100 or so potential jurors summoned to Little Rock for the trial of Curtis Vance, who has pleaded not guilty to capital murder and other charges. She was the only person to tell Pulaski County Circuit Judge Chris Piazza on Monday that she knew nothing about the case.

In court Tuesday, she recalled that her son had received a text message about the killing while they were on a college recruiting visit last year, and remembered that Pressly had once interviewed her son.

The woman remained in court as jury selection continued.

Curtis Lavelle Vance of Mariana could receive the death penalty if he is convicted of capital murder for killing the KATV personality. Pressly, 26, was raped and beaten in her Little Rock home late on Oct. 20, 2008, and died five days later. Vance has pleaded not guilty.

Earlier, Piazza anticipated testimony would start Wednesday morning but said Tuesday that was doubtful.

(Copyright 2009 by The Associated Press.  All Rights Reserved.)

Powered by Frankly