COPY-No injuries in U of M dorm fire - WMC Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

COPY-No injuries in U of M dorm fire

Associated Press - March 4, 2011 6:45 AM ET

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) - A faulty electrical cord on an alarm clock has sparked a fire at a University of Memphis dormitory.

There were no injuries and the blaze late Thursday afternoon was contained to one room on the top floor of the three-story residence hall.

A news release from the Memphis Fire Department said damage was estimated at $10,000, including smoke damage to the second and third floors.

Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Powered by Frankly