Lamborghini causes home fire - WMC Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

Lamborghini causes home fire

A Michigan man was starting his car in his garage when it exploded and erupted into flames, causing serious damage to his home.

"The garage is completely destroyed," said Bloomfield Township, MI, Chief Dave Piche.

The explosion started in the garage and engulfed the home. A charred heap of metal was all that was left of the 1974 Lamborghini.

The owner said he was trying to start the car when the explosion occurred.

"The first level of the home is completely destroyed by fire, and the second level has a lot of smoke damage at this point and heavy smoke coming from the first level of the house and, obviously, from the garage area," Piche said.

The owner was able to save himself, his wife and their dog.

Copyright 2011 CNN. All rights reserved.  

Powered by Frankly