(WMC-TV) - Neighbors are pulling together to help a Bartlett family who lost nearly everything in a house fire early this week.
A caved roof, charred furniture, and bags of water-soaked clothing were all that remained of the Barker family's house Friday morning on Stephanie Cove.
Investigators called the home a total loss, but everyone - including the family dog - escaped with no injuries.
Neighbors said the community went to work immediately to help the family with young children.
"Everyone is coming together, and it's really great," Rhonda Craig said.
The Barker children attend Oak Elementary where already the PTA and nearby Bartlett United Methodist church have started a clothing and toy drive to make sure the family still has a Christmas.
Next door neighbor Rhonda Craig says she has plenty to give.
"My daughter is going to give the kids all her toys and clothes," she said. "We darn near got about five bags of clothes where she put it on Facebook.
It's times like this, Craig said, that the community can show what it means to be a good neighbor.
"It's wonderful that they're doing it," she said. "Everyone in this neighborhood and Bartlett - they're all coming together to help."
Fire investigators have not yet determined the origin of the blaze, but neighbors speculated it may have started in a faulty clothes dryer.
Members of the community can help the family by donating to the First Citizens Bank in Bartlett in the name of Sean Barker, or by contacting Bartlett United Methodist Church at 901-386-4563.