Electrical issues found where boys died

BEAN STATION, Tenn. (AP) - State officials have given a marina in East Tennessee where two boys died after apparently being electrocuted 30 days to correct issues with its electrical system.

The Knoxville News Sentinel (http://bit.ly/MwN5fU) reports the state sent a letter to the Bean Station marina noting 20 electrical issues that needed corrective action.

The action comes after 10-year-old Noah Winstead of Morristown died on July 4 and his 11-year-old friend, Nate Lyman, died the next day. Authorities have said both boys were shocked while swimming near two houseboats at the marina.

The letter, addressed to German Creek Marina manager Nancy Proffitt, said inspectors had visited the establishment on July 10.

A woman who answered the phone at the marina declined to comment to the newspaper.

Information from: The Knoxville News Sentinel, http://www.knoxnews.com

Copyright 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.