Early morning house fire caused by dryer - Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

Early morning house fire caused by dryer

Posted: Updated:
MEMPHIS, TN -

(WMC-TV) - Two people are safe after an early morning house fire caused by something we all commonly use – a dryer.

The fire happened in the 1200 block of Agnes Place. Investigators say a dryer on the second floor caught a wall on fire. The blaze then spread to the attic.

We know there are at least two people living in the home, and everyone managed to get out safely.

The Chief stressed for everyone to please make sure their dryer vents are clear.

Copyright 2012 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow