A look ahead: Burned by beauty - WMC Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

A look ahead: Burned by beauty

(WMC-TV) - An over-the-counter beauty treatment is under fire after a Mid-South woman says the popular hair remover removed much more than her hair.

Underneath the bandages on Shannon Franks' left hand is a nasty blistering burn that she says was caused by a do-it-yourself waxing product.

"The skin began to discolor in several ways. It was very red in areas, started turning white in areas," said Shannon Franks.

A warning tonight about why you should maybe reconsider using a microwave as part of your beauty regimen.

"Burned by Beauty" will air Wednesday at 10 p.m. on Action News 5.

Copyright 2013 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly