One firefighter injured in house fire - Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

One firefighter injured in house fire

Posted: Updated:

(WMC-TV) - One firefighter was injured after a Memphis family's home went up in flames Monday night.

A Whitehaven home, near Hester Road and Lexie Drive, caught fire around 8 p.m.

The injured firefighter was transported with a hand injury. He is in stable condition.

Investigators said the fire was started by a faulty water heater in the garage.

The family had just left for Wal-Mart and was not home at the time of the fire. The Red Cross is providing assistance for the family.

Copyright 2013 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow