Fire guts BBQ business - Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

Fire guts BBQ business

Posted: Updated:
(WMC-TV) - A locally owned BBQ restaurant was gutted in an early morning fire.

Moma's Bar-B-Que in Bartlett is now closed as the result of a grease fire. 

Owners Kenny Giger and Dan Banton say the fire ignited near the grill and sent flames racing through the restaurant. The laundromat next to Moma's Bar-B-Que also suffered smoke and water damage.

Bartlett Mayor Keith McDonald said, "Every community's got a place where everybody just hangs out and folks come and drink their coffee and gossip all the old men and this has been one of those places for a long long time."

Both businesses plan to re-open. Moma's Bar-B-Que anticipates re-opening in two to three months.

Copyright 2013 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.

Powered by WorldNow