B. B. King's club and restaurant on Beale Street catches fire - WMC Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

B. B. King's Blues Club on Beale Street catches fire

(WMC-TV) – An iconic club on Beale Street is temporarily closed after fire destroyed the kitchen.

B.B. King's Blues Club caught fire shortly after 1 a.m. Monday. Employees describe the kitchen as a mess that will have to be completely redone.

"First day of the week and it's like we're out of work, and it's kind of depressing," said employee Tiffany Phillips. "We're gonna get our club back together."

Phillips says the kitchen was just remodeled earlier this year. But chef Seth Krasnove says the goal is simple: to keep people happy.

"Stuff happens and we're gonna be back selling ribs and good food and good times and good music soon enough," he said.

Memphis Music right next door got some damage too. It is unclear when the club will open again.

Copyright 2013 WMC-TV. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly