Tuesday, September 2 2014 5:04 AM EDT2014-09-02 09:04:58 GMT
(WMC) - A Southaven man providing day care services at his home is now accused of another sex crime. Richard Marsee was charged last week with fondling a child in the same house where he cared for children.More >>
A Southaven man providing day care services at his home is now charged with another sex crime.
Tuesday, September 2 2014 5:02 AM EDT2014-09-02 09:02:50 GMT
(WMC) - Another Memphis neighborhood is worried about vicious dogs roaming the streets. One person who lives in the area around Spottswood Avenue and S. Highland Street says at lest 10 cats and three smallMore >>
One person who lives in the area around Spottswood Avenue and S. Highland Street says at lest 10 cats and three small dogs have become attack victims.More >>
MEMPHIS, TN -
(WMC-TV) – A fire ripped through a Memphis condominium complex forcing three families including several children out of their homes in the 5500 block of Massey Station early Thursday morning.
The call came in around 2:30 Thursday morning to the Memphis Fire Department. Heavy smoke and flames were seen shooting from the condominiums. The smoke and flames quickly spread to two other units inside the complex.
Residents of the Huntington Ridge complex say they woke up to the smell of smoke. Action News 5 spoke with one of the young men who lived in the unit where the fire started with his little brother, mom and stepfather.
"My parents, I hear them screaming fire, fire! Jump up, put my clothes on as many as I can throw down the stairs. Started to help my little brother get as many as I can, smoke got too bad. I just couldn't breathe, had to get out," said Nicholas Parrish.
All the families are staying with relatives and they are questioning how this fire started. Officials say a faulty fireplace is to blame.
People who live in the complex say they are cautious about even using their fireplaces.
"I would never use my fireplace. These buildings are some 30 years old. We're not messing with the fireplace, not here," said Roger Gardner. "They were grabbing clothes as fast as they could trying to get them out."
The owner of the condo where the fire started did suffer a cut on his head but was not transported. There were no other injuries.
The family says they had working smoke detectors but say they didn't hear them going off.
Fire officials say this should remind everyone to always have their fireplaces inspected before they use them.
Friday, July 25 2014 3:19 PM EDT2014-07-25 19:19:10 GMT
(WMC) – A prostitution sting was conducted at a Southaven hotel Thursday. As a result, the following 12 people were arrested: Preston K. Mitchell, 52, Memphis, Tenn., charged with procuring prostitutionMore >>
A prostitution sting was conducted at a Southaven hotel Thursday. Twelve people were arrested.More >>