Fireworks start fire that destroyed metal and wood shop - WMC Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

Fireworks start fire that destroyed metal and wood shop

Luckily no one was hurt, however Shelby County officials want to remind everyone fireworks are illegal in the county. (Photo Source: Steve Shular) Luckily no one was hurt, however Shelby County officials want to remind everyone fireworks are illegal in the county. (Photo Source: Steve Shular)
(WMC) - Saturday evening, WMC Action News 5 got a closer look at damage to a shop that was destroyed by fireworks.

Shelby County Fire Department says the metal and wood workshop in the 9900 block of Moose Road in the Bolton community caught fire early Saturday morning. The cause was a family shooting off fireworks.

No one was hurt, however Shelby County officials want to remind everyone fireworks are illegal in the county.

Get the latest from WMC Action News 5 anytime: iPhone | iPad |Android | SMS Alerts | Email Alerts | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram 

Copyright 2014 WMC Action News 5. All rights reserved.   

  • Trending StoriesTrending StoriesMore>>

  • Mom who went to classes with quadriplegic son gets MBA

    Mom who went to classes with quadriplegic son gets MBA

    Wednesday, May 24 2017 3:27 AM EDT2017-05-24 07:27:51 GMT
    Wednesday, May 24 2017 3:32 AM EDT2017-05-24 07:32:22 GMT
    A Southern California university has granted a surprise honorary degree to the mother of a quadriplegic student after she attended every class and took notes for him while he earned his MBA.More >>
    A Southern California university has granted a surprise honorary degree to the mother of a quadriplegic student after she attended every class and took notes for him while he earned his MBA.More >>
  • Pregnant teen blocked from walking at graduation

    Pregnant teen blocked from walking at graduation

    Wednesday, May 24 2017 2:45 AM EDT2017-05-24 06:45:22 GMT
    Wednesday, May 24 2017 2:45 AM EDT2017-05-24 06:45:22 GMT

    The school principal says the student and her parents signed a covenant, vowing the teen wouldn’t have sex.

    More >>

    The school principal says the student and her parents signed a covenant, vowing the teen wouldn’t have sex.

    More >>
  • Deadly virus threatens local crawfish industry

    Deadly virus threatens local crawfish industry

    Tuesday, May 23 2017 7:26 PM EDT2017-05-23 23:26:19 GMT

    A deadly virus is threatening the crawfish industry in Southwest Louisiana. It's called white spot syndrome virus and it was first discovered in Thailand, but somehow it made its way to ponds in South Louisiana and specialists are struggling to find the funds to research a solution.  “The catch was increasing and increasing and then it dropped 70% and that's when you saw the dead crawfish floating in the water,” said a crawfish farmer of 34 years, Ian Garbarino. He...

    More >>

    A deadly virus is threatening the crawfish industry in Southwest Louisiana. It's called white spot syndrome virus and it was first discovered in Thailand, but somehow it made its way to ponds in South Louisiana and specialists are struggling to find the funds to research a solution.  “The catch was increasing and increasing and then it dropped 70% and that's when you saw the dead crawfish floating in the water,” said a crawfish farmer of 34 years, Ian Garbarino. He...

    More >>
Powered by Frankly