Good morning everyone! Today is the day we remember the life and legacy of Dr. Martin Luther King Junior. We'll look back this morning and tell you about events you can be a part of throughout the day today.
It's warmer this morning, 50 in Memphis, 40s around much of the region this morning. We're expecting highs in the low 60s today. Details on the day and week ahead. We have your forecast with
10 minutes this morning.
Here are some of the top stories we're following:
from Tennessee into Arkansas. We have Chopper 5 in the sky this morning. Details on this issues involved what to expect if you're around that area this morning.
2. We're also following a
. We'll update you as we get more information.
3. Today there are several local events to honor the life of Dr. King. Mason Temple will be the site of this morning's "Be the Dream" celebration featuring performances from area school and church choirs, as well as recognition of civil rights pioneers. The National Civil Rights Museum, where Dr. King lost his life, has teamed up with Lifeblood and the Mid-South Food Bank for donation drives during the day. The Memphis Grizzlies will host their 13th annual MLK Day celebration at FedEx Forum. The sports legacy award will be presented during the game against Dallas. We have a
4. Looking to score some great shopping deals? January is a great time to find those sales, but there are also some buys you should avoid making this month, so you can get the best Bang for Your Buck. Watch for my report at 6 a.m.
Here are the top stories on WMCActionNews5.com:
- A man survives being sandwiched between 2 semis in I-84 pileup
- Protesters plan to shut down I-40 bridge on MLK Day
- Teen plays doctor at hospital for a month before he's caught
- I-40 crash in Fayette County involving a UPS truck delays traffic
- Man confesses to killing roommate; charged with second degree murder
news, weather, and traffic from 4:30-7 a.m. on WMC Action News 5. Join us!