Good morning and happy Tuesday! We are busy gathering on your overnight news and looking to the day ahead. We have relatively warm conditions outside but it'll be the warmest of the rest of the week.
It's in the low to mid 40s right now,
. Partly cloudy skies are expected later today. We'll talk about the cool down and the possibility of rain. Your forecast is every ten minutes on WMC with weather on the 5s.
Some of the top stories we're following at this hour:
1. Police are investigating a shooting in the
in Hickory Hill. We're working on the details for this morning.
2. There was also a carjacking at a BP on Lamar Avenue and a car fire at the Taco Bell drive-thru on Union Avenue. We're explaining what we know from police this morning.
3. We're looking ahead to a busy day at the
questioning insurance charges. The issue is expected to come up later today this morning.
4. Mississippi lawmakers were hard at work to file new bills before a midnight deadline. Among the measures to be considered this session is a pay raise for any state employees earning less than $50,000, a proposal to ban texting while driving, and a controversial bill that would designate The Bible as the state book to also be taught in school.
5. Super Bowl 49 kicks off in 12 days. We're your home for all the action and we'll be watching right along with you, as Mid-South native and Seattle Seahawks linebacker
. Hear from his family this morning.
Here are the top stories on WMCActionNews5.com:
- Veteran slammed with nasty note for parking in reserved spot
- Man confesses to killing roommate; charged with second-degree murder
- Dad gets 'no-show' bill after son, 5, misses birthday party
- No supporters show up for 'protest' to be held on I-40 bridge
- Agent: Woods' front tooth knocked out by videographer
Join us as we get you ready for all of your news, weather, and traffic on this terrific Tuesday on WMC Action News 5.