Four students at Hamilton Elementary School ended up in the principal's office after accepting and swallowing pills from another student.
The school's principal told Memphis police a teacher spotted a 9-year-old falling asleep in class. When asked why, the student said he'd taken a pill earlier in the day.
Police say a 10-year-old took some pills from his mother and handed them out to several students on the school bus. The student's mother told police the pills were Guanfacine Hydrochloride, which are commonly used to treat hypertension and ADHD.
The students are all doing fine. Their parents refused to have them taken to the hospital.
In an earlier version of this story, Shelby County Schools said paramedics checked out five students who had taken the pills. It appears that number was inaccurate.