Lipscomb investigation continues almost a week after allegations - WMC Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

Lipscomb investigation continues almost a week after allegations first surfaced

(Source: City Hall) (Source: City Hall)
MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) -

Former Memphis city official Robert Lipscomb has been holed up in his South Bluffs house since Sunday when news broke that a 26-year-old man was accusing him of having sexual contact with him when he was 16.

"He gave me his house phone number and at the housing authority," the accuser said. "Told me I could reach him there."

Police Director Toney Armstrong went to Seattle, at the request of Mayor A C Wharton, to speak with the victim.

After a week of investigating, no charges have been filed and no arrests have been made.

"Nothing new in the Robert Lipscomb investigation," Armstrong said earlier in the week. "The investigation is still going on. Things develop almost on a daily basis and we address them as they develop."

Since Sunday, Lipscomb resigned as director of housing and community development and stepped down from LeMoyne-Owen Board of Trustees.

In that time, eight other people came forward and alleged they were sexually involved with Lipscomb when they were under 18.

Lipscomb said he is innocent. He has not been charged with anything.

Copyright 2015 WMC Action News 5. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly