Same house catches fire for second time in 24 hours - WMC Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

Same house catches fire for second time in 24 hours

(Source: WMC Action News 5) (Source: WMC Action News 5)
MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) -

Memphis firefighters battled a house fire at a familiar home Monday morning.

The fire sparked in the 1700 block of Maxine Street and smoke billowed out of the home for more than an hour.

According to emergency crews, the left side of the roof collapsed.

The same home caught fire Sunday afternoon, just before 2:30 p.m. Memphis Fire Department said no firefighters or citizens were injured in Sunday's fire, but two family cats died.

That fire was caused by a malfunctioning dryer in the storage room.

A falling power line sparked Monday's fire.

Firefighters on the scene said no one was inside the home when the fire started. The Red Cross is already providing assistance for the two adults and four children that lived inside the home.

Copyright 2016 WMC Action News 5. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly