MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) - I'll start this story with a confession. I am a working mom, and I depend on takeout to get through the week. I have another confession. I depended exclusively on takeout when I was a working childless professional. I know I'm not alone.
There's good news if you identify with me now or "back in the day."
Chef Shuttle will begin delivering to parts of Downtown and Midtown starting February 18. Chef Shuttle is a restaurant delivery service. Basically, local restaurants that don't deliver partner with Chef Shuttle. Chef Shuttle brings you their food for the cost of the food, a $4.95 flat delivery charge, and your tip for the driver.
Downtown restaurants joining with Chef Shuttle include Dunkin Donuts, Gigi's Cupcakes, Hard Rock Café, Kooky Canuck and Pita Pit.
Here's how it works:
- Go to ChefShuttle.com
- Type in your zip code & create an account
- Take a look at the menus from all participating restaurants that participate in your zip code
- Click on the food you want to order (There's even a place to add notes...like, "I want grilled chicken".)
- Type in your credit card information
- Sit back and wait for your food
Chef Shuttle also serves parts of Collierville, Cordova, Bartlett, East Memphis, and Germantown. They deliver Monday-Saturday from 10:30 a.m. to 10 p.m. and on Sunday form 10:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.