MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) - I'll give you the good news first! It will be a mild weekend across the Mid-South, with temperatures in the 60s to around 70 and it won't be as windy. The "not so good" news…you may have to dodge some rain. Below are some headlines for what to expect this weekend.
- Clouds will be with us most of the weekend.
- Some isolated showers are possible Saturday morning through midday. They will be light and not everyone will see them.
- Rain chances increase Saturday night and into Sunday morning.
- Confidence is still rather low on the timing. It could linger into Sunday afternoon or some could see sun Sunday afternoon, especially north of I-40.
- The best chance for rain Monday will be over north Mississippi. Most areas in west Tennessee and northeast Arkansas may be dry and cool.
- A little moisture may linger for a shower or two Tuesday into early Wednesday.
Our high resolution forecast model shows some pockets of heavier rain close to sunrise Sunday morning. Keep your umbrella handy this weekend and check back with Brittney Bryant on WMC Action News 5 for the latest updates.
Follow Me On Twitter: Click @sdentonwx
Follow Me On Facebook: Click Meteorologist Spencer Denton
WMC Action News 5 Storm Tracking Team