MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) - Hungry Memphians made their way to the FedExForum Sunday to help a good cause.
Youth Villages hosted their 27th annual "Soup Sunday," featuring nearly 50 of the best restaurants and caterers in Memphis.
The winners of the event were:
- Best Bread: Hilton Memphis Telera Bread
- Best Soup: Bardog Chicken Velvet
- Best Dessert: Nothing Bundt Cakes
- Best Gumbo: Hilton Memphis Gumbo
- Best Specialty Item: Half Shell Lobster and Shrimp Bruschetta
The event helped Youth Villages raise more than $1 million in its 27 events for the Youth Villages Life program, which helps assist people aging out of the foster care system.