MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) - A puppy who was badly burned in a house fire is making a speedy recovery.
Three weeks ago, a man risked everything to save his 8-week-old puppy, Caesar.
Caesar was in a crate in the garage of a home on Given Avenue when the house went up in flames. A man ran back into the house to save Caesar, though firefighters told him not to. Caesar had burns on his belly, feet, nose and eyes. He also had severe smoke inhalation.
Though the dog's veterinarian recommended putting the dog down, Caesar's owner did not want to give up on his new puppy. Though many criticized him for that decision, Caesar has made a remarkable recovery.
In a recent video, Caesar can be seen walking with ease and wagging his tail.
According to a Gofundme page set up to pay for Caesar's vet bills, Caesar is in a room with a humidifier and is on pain medication. He was eating and walking around with just a few days after the fire.
The fire took everything left in the family's home, but the family was not home when the fire started. Fortunately, the family-- Caesar included-- is all together as they recover and rebuild.