MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) - The 4-year-old pit bull that was poisoned with antifreeze, Gordy, has made a recovery and has been cleared to go home.
Gordy was rushed to a veterinary hospital last week after his owner, Kalee Hubbard, said someone threw meat stuffed with antifreeze over a fence and into her yard in Horn Lake, Mississippi.
Doctors had Gordy in a comatose state for days to stop the antifreeze from damaging his kidneys.
Monday, Hubbard posted on Facebook that Gordy is recovering and was cleared to come home.
Hubbard said Gordy will need to go back for checkups and has pancreatitis and a bit of a cough, but will rest at home until he is recovered.
Hubbard said she rescued Gordy two years ago and they have been inseparable. She said he's much more than a dog, he's family.
"I'm just amazed at the pure evil people would go to harm an animal. It's just senseless," Hubbard said.