MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) - It's every little girl's dream to have the perfect wedding and her father to walk her down the aisle, but for one Memphis bride, that dream was threatened to be brought to a screeching halt when they said her father may not live to see her wedding day.
Her father was battling cancer and doctors told the bride if she wanted him to walk her down the aisle, the wedding date must be moved up. However, with medical bills draining their finances and vendors being unavailable to change dates, it looked like he would not be able to give his daughter away at her wedding.
However, Memphis photographer Bethany Veach saw her story online and took action. In a matter of three hours, a team of vendors agreed to donate their time to make the wedding happen.
The wedding took place at the Annesdale Mansion in Midtown, just one of the organizations that stepped up to make the magical moment happen for the father and bride.
"He cried and said 'this is God's plan," said bride Lauren Presley.
Lauren's dad was diagnosed with cancer in October 2013. After going cancer-free for a year, the cancer returned. This time, doctors gave Lauren the warning her father might not be strong enough to make it to the May 2016 wedding date.
When Veach found out about this through Facebook, it was nothing less than a calling.
"God has been placing it on my heart to give back," said Veach.
Veach stepped up in a big way and offered her services for free. She also went to work and found more than a dozen other wedding vendors willing to not only donate their services, but they were willing to organize a wedding in just a couple of weeks.
"There was no hesitation. They were immediately all in," said Veach.
All of the effort was with one goal in mind: to ensure a dad could walk his daughter down the aisle.
"For him to be there and holding my hand to give me away, to know I got to share that with him, it's great," said Lauren.
It may have been two months early, but it ended up being the day this bride always dreamed of.
"He was just amazed that someone would want to step up and do all this for us," said Lauren.
For Lauren and Bryant Presley, their wedding could not have been more perfect.
Here are the vendors that made that day possible:
- Wedding Coordination/Design: Katherine Shell Benson with Bella Baxter Special Events, LLC
- Venue: Valerie Sitarik Bledsoe with Annesdale Mansion
- Officiant: Dingo Tommy, Dingo Entertainment
- Videographer: Samantha Doyle with Sami Sue Studios
- Second Shooters: DeShona Camille Lockett and Kaitlyn Stoddard
- Florist: Ashlye McCormick with Ashlye McCormick Design
- Rentals: Mahaffey Tent & Event Rentals
- Caterer: Heart and Soul Catering by Michael Francis
- Cake & Sweets: Nuha Abuduhair with 17Berkshire
- Groom's Cheesecake: Spring Creek Ranch Weddings
- DJ: Jordan Rogers, Tiger City Entertainment
- String Trio: Steven Bowman (trio coordinator/violin), Kristy Rhodes (violin/viola), Jamie Weaver (violin)
- Photobooth: Nicole Caldwell with Pic Strip Photo Booth
- Hair & Makeup: Rebecca Rodgers
- Veil: Molly Farrell with Maggie Louise
- Get Away Car: Vintage Automobiles for Special Occasions
Below you can watch some of the Presley wedding yourself, thanks to the work of photographer Bethany Veach: