People who live in Germantown get a new trash service starting June 1. Waste Pro officially starts service to Germantown Wednesday. The company has spent weeks getting new trash bins to residents so they'd be ready to go on day one. The city of Germantown parted ways with Inland Waste Solutions after multiple issues with the garbage contractor.
Here's what you need to know about the new service:
* Each residence will get a 96-gallon GREEN trash cart.
* Each residence will also get a 64-gallon BLUE recycling cart.
* Homeowners can order a 96-gallon brown yard debris cart for a one time fee of $75.
* Your trash day will not change.
* Old unwanted trash, recycling and yard debris carts will be collected the first week of June. Place them at the curb for collection.
* You can continue backdoor service.
* Place your cart at the curb no later than 7 a.m. on your collection day.
* Carts must be placed facing the street with the handles facing toward your house. (All trash much be bagged and fit inside the card with the lid fully closed.)
*Leave a three-foot space between carts and objects, like mailboxes, parked cars, or utility poles.
* Order larger bins, sign up for backdoor service or get your questions answered at GermantownTrash.com
Copyright 2016 WMC Action News 5. All rights reserved.