Haunted Web of Horrors will not open in 2016 - WMC Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

Haunted Web of Horrors will not open in 2016

(Source: HauntedWeb.com) (Source: HauntedWeb.com)
MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) -

The Haunted Web of Horrors will not open for the 2016 Halloween season.

Over the past few years, the attraction said volunteers have dedicated their time and energy to put together a spooky haunt. However, this year, they said Trinity Commons leased their previously donated space to a new tenant.

Each ticket purchased for Haunted Web of Horrors went towards Youth Villages. Over the eight years that the attraction has been running, they raised almost $550,000 for the non-profit.

"As we search for another property, to start afresh next year, we would be remiss not to thank our hundreds of volunteers. We appreciate and love each of you. To the community and faithful patrons who allowed us the opportunity to scare year after year, we are overwhelmingly grateful," organizers Jennifer Wyatt and Jeremy Doty said in a letter.

As they prepare to move to a new location, Haunted Web is asking for the following before their move out date of September 23:

Packing Supplies – boxes, Rubbermaid style containers with lids, tape, bubble wrap, shrinkwrap, markers, etc.

Manpower – Seeking able-bodied people who are willing to help us pack, label & load into trailers. We have a very daunting task ahead of us. The time volunteered over the next few weeks may count towards service hours (school, fraternities, sororities, etc.)

Food – seeking donations of food & drinks to feed volunteers as we work diligently the next several weeks.

Haunted Web was recently voted the #1 Haunted Attraction in Tennessee.

Click here to read the letter from Wyatt and Doty.

Copyright 2016 WMC Action News 5. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly