MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) - Christian Brothers High School has a reputation for student athletes continuing their athletic careers at the college level.
Wednesday, nine Christian Brothers High School seniors made their intentions to continue playing sports at the college level during the Fall Signing Day ceremony.
The student athletes signed to play college basketball, baseball, lacrosse, and wrestling at universities across the country.
The school has produced five current University of Memphis football players, including wide receiver Anthony Miller who was added to the Biletnikoff Award watch list on Tuesday. The award recognizes the season's outstanding college receiver at any position.
Currently, three University of Memphis baseball players and two cross country runners graduated from the high school.
Christian Brothers High School Signees
BASKETBALL (Coached by Bubba Luckett)
- William Douglas - Southern Methodist University. William is the son of Linda and Frederick Douglas, Jr. of Memphis.
BASEBALL (Coached by Buster Kelso)
- Westin Bizzle (p/of) - Chipola Community College. Parents: Angela and Josh Bizzle of Rossville.
- Hayden Leatherwood (of) – Vanderbilt University. Parents: Michelle and John Leatherwood, Jr. of Collierville.
- Nick Myers (p) – Christian Brothers University. Parents: Sally and William Myers of Collierville.
- Cameron Pleasant (c) - Austin Peay University. Parents: Pamela and William Pleasant III of Eads.
- Jared Shemper (p/1b) – University of Alabama. Parents: Courtney and Aaron Shemper of Germantown.
LACROSSE (Coached by Collin Welsh)
- Reid Lanigan (attack) - University of Utah. Parents: Nancy and Tony Lanigan of Memphis.
- Emory Weaver (midfielder) - University of Alabama-Huntsville. Parents: Katie and Gannon Weaver of Memphis.
WRESTLING (Coached by Chris Lewis)
- Drew Nicholson – University of Tennessee-Chattanooga. Parents: Tress and Jerry Nicholson of Eads.