3 shot at busy Memphis bowling alley - WMC Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

3 shot at busy Memphis bowling alley

(Source: WMC Action News 5) (Source: WMC Action News 5)
(Source: WMC Action News 5) (Source: WMC Action News 5)
MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) -

Gunfire erupted into a popular Memphis bowling alley Tuesday night.

Three people were shot around 11:30 p.m. at Billy Hardwick's All Star Lanes on South White Station Road.

"It came out of nowhere," victim Miosha Cook said. "I was just playing."

Cook was one of three people to be shot inside the bowling alley.

Memphis Police Department said it all started with an argument at the checkout counter. An alley regular got upset and stormed out of the building. He went to his truck, pulled out a rifle, and started shooting through the front doors.

All three of the shooting victims were treated at the hospital and released.

Cook said she doesn't blame the bowling alley, and she will be back to bowl again as soon as possible.

"I feel like I was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. The bowling alley didn't have anything to do with it," Cook said.

Billy Hardwick's All Star Lanes released the following statement about the shooting:

Last evening, just 30 minutes prior to closing, a fight broke out inside our bowling center amongst a group of patrons. It escalated to one man going out into the parking lot and retrieving a gun from his vehicle, and he fired shots from the parking lot through the front door directed at those involved in the altercation. Three people were injured and were all in stable condition. Our thoughts and prayers are with them and we are thankful they are expected to make full recoveries.

We take the safety of our customers and employees very seriously and in the 35 years we have been in business, nothing like this has ever happened. This was strictly an isolated and personal incident.

In addition to our security cameras and armed security guard, who came inside the building when the fight broke out, we will be taking extra precautions to further ensure the safety of our customers and staff. We will be adding additional armed security guards, and will implement a zero-tolerance policy regarding any behavior that could potentially lead to violence.

We would like to thank everyone for their calls and emails of concern. We are doing well and are open for business.

The suspect in this shooting was a regular at the bowling alley, but police said the suspect is not yet in custody.

Editor's note: The story previously said four people were shot. MPD clarified to say that three were shot--although a fourth was injured in the incident.

Copyright 2017 WMC Action News 5. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly