MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) - Orpheum Theatre has made good on a promise to bring the Hamilton musical to Memphis.
Orpheum held an event Monday night to unveil the 2017-2018 Broadway Season at the theatre.
After announcing the 2017-2018 season, Orpheum Theatre surprised the crowd with the announcement that Hamilton: An American Musical will be on stage in Memphis for the 2018-2019 season.
Before Hamilton comes to the Bluff City, the following shows will be part of Orpheum's 2017-2018 season:
- The King and I (Sept. 19-24)
- An American in Paris (Oct. 24-29)
- Phantom of the Opera (Nov. 29 - Dec. 10)
- Finding Neverland (Jan. 23-28)
- The Color Purple (Feb. 13-18)
- Wicked (March 7-25)
- Something Rotten (April 10-15)
If you're interested in getting tickets to the shows, or becoming a season ticket holder at Orpheum Theatre, click here.