SNAP recipients eligible for replacement groceries after destructive storm

MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) - Shelby County residents enrolled in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, formerly known as Food Stamps, can request additional help in light of the recent massive power outage.

Anyone enrolled in SNAP can apply for benefits if they lost power for 12 or more hours, or if they experienced other issues that spoiled their food.

Requests must be placed within 10 days of experiencing food loss.

If accepted, the benefits will be sent to the customers' EBT card.

To request these additional benefits, call 1-866-311-4287, or go to one of the Tennessee Department of Human Services offices, located at:

North Branch Office

  • 3230 Jackson Avenue
  • Memphis, TN 38112
  • Open 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Welles Branch Office

  • 3360 South Third Street
  • Memphis, TN 38109
  • Open 7 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

Copyright 2017 WMC Action News 5. All rights reserved.