Family loses home in fire - WMC Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

Family loses home in fire

(Source: WMC Action News 5) (Source: WMC Action News 5)

Fire destroyed a family's house in Memphis early Friday morning.

The fire broke out on Kenneth Street near Stage Road.

Fire crews believe the blaze was caused by an electrical problem.

A family member said the fire started behind their stove.

"We all were sleep," Shequita Brown said. "We had got in the bed and all of a sudden, we heard the smoke alarm go off. We got up and it was the stove. The back of the stove and the cord system."

The homeowner said she and her children have lost everything.

Copyright 2017 WMC Action News 5. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly