MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) - The 2017 St. Jude Marathon is this Saturday, and with it are some detours in Downtown Memphis.
Several MATA bus routes will be on detour routes from 7 a.m. until 2 p.m.
Click here to see a list of all the MATA routes and changes.
Additionally, the race route will affect the roadways of Riverside Drive (Downtown Entertainment District), A.W. Willis / North Parkway, Jackson Ave. (Medical District & Midtown / Rhodes University area), East Parkway, Cooper St (Cooper & Young), Southern and Lamar back into the downtown area (and points in-between).
From 6 a.m. until 2 p.m., expect heavy police presence and traffic delays with temporary closures at the following locations:
- 2nd at Madison southbound to Beale St. / MLK
- BB King at Madison
- Front at Monroe
- 4th at Monroe
- Union at November 6th
- BB King at Peabody Place
- Main St. at G.E. Patterson / Carolina
- Court St. to BB King from 2nd at Danny Thomas
- Front St. from Beale to Shadyac
- Poplar to Shadyac
- Danny Thomas (southbound) at A.W. Willis
- Danny Thomas on /off ramps Union and Madison
- Union between Cleveland to Marshall (Sun Studio)
- Additional intersections as required during heavy pedestrian/athlete times
You can watch part of the marathon below: