MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) - With the U.S. government closed for business for the 19th time since 1976 and a lot of blame going back and forth, the personal-finance website WalletHub released its report Monday on the States Most & Least Affected by the 2018 Government Shutdown to add some hard data to all the rhetoric.
WalletHub compared the 50 states and the District of Columbia in terms of six key metrics, ranging from each state's share of federal jobs and contracts to the percentage of kids covered by CHIP. You can check out some of the main findings below.
Impact of the Government Shutdown on Tennessee (1=Most Affected, 25=Avg.):
- 28th - Share of Federal Jobs
- 23rd - Federal Contract Dollars Per Capita
- 44th - Small Business Lending Per Capita
- 40th - Real Estate as a Percentage of GSP
- 29th - Access to National Parks
- 39th - % of Children under CHIP