Children escape house fire unharmed

Children escape house fire unharmed

MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) - Two children are expected to be OK after escaping from a house fire Tuesday night.

Memphis Fire Department Lieutenant Wayne Cooke said the children were inside the Walter Street home when it caught fire.

After they escaped, the children were treated at the scene for mild smoke inhalation.

Officials have not said how old the children are.

No one else was injured in the fire.

Investigators said the fire started by a heat lamp that was turned on inside a dog house in the garage.

Copyright 2018 WMC Action News 5. All rights reserved.