MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) - With the Olympics in PyeongChang, South Korea upon us, WalletHub.com released its 2018 Winter Olympics By The Numbers report, which includes infographics as well as commentary from a panel of leading sports experts.
Here are some of the interesting statistics they found:
- $13 Billion: The estimated cost of the PyeongChang Winter Olympics, 4 times less than the record-setting 2014 Sochi Games.
- $19.6 Million: The amount spent on cybersecurity and X-ray screening for the PyeongChang Games.
- $4,683: The average price of a week-long trip to PyeongChang for the Olympics.
- 242: Athletes on the U.S. team - a record for any country in the Winter Olympics.
- 169: Russian athletes received a special exemption to compete after Russia was banned from the 2018 Olympics due to a doping scandal.
To see the entire report, click here.