MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) - With temperatures starting to rise, and thoughts of getting outside increasing, the personal-finance website WalletHub took an in-depth look at 2018's Best & Worst Cities for an Active Lifestyle.
To determine where Americans have the best chance of balancing a healthy diet with ample physical activity, WalletHub compared the 100 biggest U.S. cities across 34 different categories, ranging from average monthly fitness-club fee, to bike score, to share of physically inactive adults. Memphis ranked 92nd overall.
Living an Active Lifestyle in Memphis (1=Best; 50=Avg.):
- 83rd – Fitness Centers per Capita
- 87th – % of Physically Inactive Adults
- 90th – Sports Clubs per Capita
- 22nd – Swimming Pools per Capita
- 28th – Baseball & Softball Diamonds per Capita
- 26th – Basketball Hoops per Capita
- 51st – Public Golf Courses per Capita
- 48th – Parkland Acres per Capita
- 72nd – Walk Score
For the full report, and to see where other Mid-South cities ranked, click here.