Fire causes $60K in damage to Memphis apartment complex

MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) - A fire broke out at a Memphis apartment complex Thursday morning.

Firefighters were called to the blaze at Aspenwood Square Apartments on Mendenhall Road around 4:30. It took them more than half an hour to put out the flames.

Memphis Fire Department said the fire started because of an electrical malfunction in the attic. The fire caused $60,000 worth of damage.

Two apartments were damaged, causing a partial roof collapse. Red Cross is providing assistance to one family.

Nobody was injured during the blaze.

Copyright 2018 WMC Action News 5. All rights reserved.