OXFORD, MS (WMC) - A North Mississippi police detective and his family are left with almost nothing after their home was damaged by a fire.
"I thought, 'I want to do it, because maybe they'd return the favor someday if I needed it,'" the woman, who asked to remain anonymous, said.
"We had someone come up this morning and she opened the back end of her SUV and it was packed!" Swain said.
All this love is for a man who serves his community, and now he is getting that love back ten fold.
"Not only will they help support this family but through it they'll learn how important it is for all of us to love one another in times of need because we never know when it might be us," Swain said.
If you want to help, send clothing, gift cards, or toiletries to:
299 West Jackson Avenue, Oxford Mississippi 38655.
Most important among the needs are restaurant gift cards, Kroger/Walmart gift cards, clothing/shoe store gift cards, and money (checks can be made out directly to Hardie Meeks).
- Hardie: 38x34 pants, Large Tall Shirts -must be tall or they will be too short, size 14 shoes
- Katrina: 5/6 or Medium clothes, Size 8 1/2 shoes
- Ani: size 7/8 clothes, size 3 shoes, 3rd grade
- Hayden: 10/12 clothes, size 6 shoes, 4th grade
They have a dog, so a Kroger or PetSmart card for food etc.
- Wet wipes
- Toilet paper
- Paper towels
- Plastic bowls, plates
- Plastic silverware
- Individually packaged snacks
- Cereals: Fruit-loops, Pops, Cinnamon Toast Crunch
- Dove Soap
- Restaurant gift cards
- Kroger/Walmart gift cards
- Clothing/shoe store gift cards
Some additional ideas for the kids:
- Both play soccer
- Ani likes coloring books and other crafts
- Hayden likes sports
- Both children like to read