(WMC) - With summer just around the corner and families planning out their vacations, the personal-finance website WalletHub has released its report on 2018's Most Fun States in America.
To determine the states offering the greatest variety and most cost-effective options for enjoyment, WalletHub compared the 50 states in 25 categories, including movie costs, accessibility of national parks, and casinos per capita.
Top 10 Most Fun States in America:
- New York
- California has the most movie theaters (per square root of population), 0.0861, which is 8.4 times more than in Delaware, the state with the fewest at 0.0103.
- California has the most restaurants (per square root of population), 4.9536, which is 7.4 times more than in North Dakota, the state with the fewest at 0.6655.
- Texas has the most amusement parks (per square root of population), 0.0143, which is 20.4 times more than in West Virginia, the state with the fewest at 0.0007.
- California has the most fitness centers (per square root of population), 0.6440, which is 8.8 times more than in Hawaii, the state with the fewest at 0.0732.
- Minnesota has the highest personal spending on recreation services per capita, $2,212, which is 4.3 times higher than in Mississippi, the state with the lowest at $513.
To view the full report and see how Mid-South states rank, click here.