More than a hundred people were forced from The Mid Memphis Tower at 1407 Union Avenue Tuesday when a fire broke out.
Investigators say wiring caught on fire, and flames traveled up an elevator shaft to the fourteenth floor.
Tara Seay was trapped in an elevator because of the fire.
"The lights suddenly went out and the elevator jerked up and I said 'oh My God.' We stayed there for 5 or 10 minutes and called 911," she said. "Our computer man was with me and he pried the door open. We had to actually climb up between floors to get out of the elevator."