Two Memphis High School students could face felony charges after turning on the natural gas in the science lab and letting it fill the classroom!
Memphis Firefighters determined there was a gas leak at Westwood High School Tuesday. But when school officials dug a little deeper they discovered it was no accident. When Westwood High School had to be evacuated Tuesday students had no idea of the danger they were in.
They found out later, the reason was much more serious.
The gas was coming from the school science lab. After investigating school officials determined that two students intentionally opened the valve.
Students and parents are still realizing the potential for disaster. One of the two students accused has been charged with reckless endangerment. A second student is still on the run.