Homes evacuated because of ammonia leak - WMC Action News 5 - Memphis, Tennessee

Homes evacuated because of ammonia leak

Firefighters were dispatched to Reddy Ice location in the 2300 block of Kimball Avenue in Memphis late Wednesday morning because of an ammonia leak.

Several houses in the area surrounding the leak were evacuated as a precaution as crews work to contain it.

Firefighters also called for a MATA bus to house 15 to 30 people affected by the evacuation, but later canceled the request.

Stay with Action News 5 and WMCTV.com for updates on this story.

Powered by Frankly