MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) - With 51 percent of American consumers saying that Black Friday no longer offers the best deals of the year, the personal-finance website WalletHub took an in-depth look at 2018's Best Things to Buy on Black Friday.
WalletHub determined that 14 percent of items offer no savings compared with their pre-Black Friday prices.
To find out whether shoppers are really getting the best deals, WalletHub compared the “Pre-Black Friday Price” against the actual Black Friday price of a broad selection of items.
In doing so, WalletHub identified the offers that are truly worth the hassle of partaking in the year’s biggest shopping craze.
Top 5 Deals (Additional Discount for Waiting Until Black Friday)
- Lifetime Storage Shed ($1,001)
- KEF SPACE ONE Headphones ($569)
- HP Envy Desktop 795-0050 ($290)
- Samsung 7.4 ft. Electric Dryer ($365)
- Samsung 55″ Smart UHD TV ($221)
Top 5 Product Categories
- Jewelry (73%)
- Books, Movies and Music (48%)
- Consumer Packaged Goods (46%)
- Video Games (only the software) (39%)
- Furniture (37%)
To read the full report, click here.