Memphis ranks as one of the lowest markets for STEM professionals
MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) - With STEM jobs projected to grow at a faster rate than other careers until at least 2024, the personal-finance website WalletHub followed up on its Best Places to Find a Job report with an in-depth analysis of 2019’s Best & Worst Metro Areas for STEM Professionals as well as accompanying videos.
To determine the best markets for STEM workers, WalletHub compared the 100 biggest metro areas across 20 key categories, ranging from per-capita job openings for STEM graduates to annual median wage growth for STEM workers.
Overall, Memphis ranked 97th out of 100 metro areas.
STEM Job Market in Memphis (1=Best, 50=Avg.)
- 89th – % of Workforce in STEM
- 89th – STEM Employment Growth
- 67th – Math Performance
- 62nd – Quality of Engineering Universities
- 27th – Annual Median Wage for STEM Workers (Adjusted for Cost of Living)
- 94th – Annual Median Wage Growth for STEM Workers
- 78th – Job Openings for STEM Graduates per Capita
- 95th – Projected Demand for STEM Jobs by 2020
To see where other Mid-South cities ranked, click here.
Copyright 2019 WMC. All rights reserved.