MEMPHIS, TN (WMC) - With heavy rainfall throughout the week, and more continuing throughout the weekend, communities in the Mid-South are dealing with storm damage.
The region has seen a significant amount of rain resulting in flooding streets, collapsed roads, and heavy winds and rain.
In areas of Mississippi, first responders are rescuing people by boat to get to higher ground.
Mississippi Road Closures:
- State Route 334 between County Road 461 and County Road 451 in Lafayette County.
- State Route 328 between a half mile west of State Route 7 and County Road 321 in Lafayette County.
- State Route 3 at Getwell Drive in Quitman County.
- State Route 322 between Walnut Road and Bellview Road in Quitman County.
- State Route 370 between County Road 737 and County Road 651 in Tippah County.
- State Route 448 at Gilbert Road in Bolivar County.
- U.S. Highway 49 at Minot Street, two miles north of Parchman, in Sunflower County.
- State Route 32 at Wright Road, two miles east of Parchman, in Sunflower County.
- U.S. Highway 49 three miles north of Drew in Sunflower County.
- State Route 355 between County Road 29 and State Route 30 in Union County.
Tennessee Road Closures:
- Island Place E at Mud Island Drive in Shelby County
Tennessee Flooded Roads:
- Big Creek at Raleigh Millington
- Pleasent Ridge at Raleigh Millington
- Quito Road near West Union
- Stewart Road at Old Brunswick
- Walker near Wilkinsville Road
- Shelby Drive near Epperson Mill Road
Storms are expected to move out of the area Saturday evening,
Here’s the latest on more storms and possible tornadoes.